I’ve wanted to make a summer bucket list for a while now, and just haven’t sat down to do it. Today seemed like the perfect chance. I’m sure I’ve missed some important ones, and I’m sure I’ll want to add on to my list as the summer goes on. And so, in no particular order:
1. Go Exploring – I love to explore! Open roads, back roads, off the beaten path…yes please! But when it comes to hiking I prefer easier daily hikes myself. My hubby is taking a week long adventure to Yellowstone this summer to go hiking with some guys. This summer I’d like to explore some Carolina State Parks this summer with my hubby and with friends.
2. Skate in an Away Bout – Even though I’m already rostered for the away bout next weekend, this is a great one for the bucket list since a year ago I would have never thought it’d be possible. Let’s go G*Force! (www.gastoniarollerderby.com) Completed! We skated against Cape Fear’s Blackhearts and won 204-155.
3. Go Stargazing – My hubby use to be a stargazing nerd, so we have a giant telescope, one I hope to put into use this summer.
4. Grill Out with Friends – This is kind of a cheater answer, as I kind of have plans for this to happen already, just not a date. We’re going to host a Roller Derby Viewing Party (to watch our previous bouts) in our backyard with an outdoor projector, camp fire fun, hot tub fun, and of course the grill.
5. Go Camping – I love camping, we grew up camping with a large group of friends every summer. Now we just have to decide where!
6. Go Mini Golfing – Always a fun date night, plus I have a GroupOn for it!
7. Go Bowling with Friends – Why? Because I have a really good GroupOn for it!
8. Read at least 5 Books – Books for work and for fun.
9. Learn More About Blogging – This is new to me, so I’m constantly learning new things, and meeting (virtually) new interesting people.
10. Go Tubing Down the River – Thanks to GroupOn, this adventure is already paid for…now we’ve just got to plan a day.
11. Work on My Blog – I like systems and organized processes, probably a little too much, so I need to come up with a plan to help me be more creative in my blogs…sounds a little crazy, but that’s how I work best.
12. Scan & Organize Family Photos – I volunteered for the job to scan and organize the House family photos after both of my grandparents passed away a few years ago. I haven’t quite finished yet, and need to wrap that up and get them into a nice permanent storage solution.
13. Pay Off Our Medical Bills – not sure how this will happen by the end of the summer, but that’s what I’d like to hope for.
14. Watch an Entire TV Series on Netflix – Everyone needs some time to relax and veg-out, it is summer after all!
15. Have a Day of Solitude – Ideally, I’d love to have two or three days, but I’d settle for one. I’ve found I need these days to recharge and reconnect…something I’ll write about soon in another post.
16. Get Back to Eating Better – Focus back on Whole30 and/or Paleo recipes to improve my overall health.
17. Go to the Beach – I usually prefer the mountains over the beach, but it’s summer in the south and you’ve just gotta go to the beach. Completed! We were able to hit the beach in Wilmington, NC before heading home from my first away Derby Bout.
18. Clean Out My Craft Supplies – “Ain’t no body got time for that!!!” Purge things (supplies and projects) that I will never really use.
Now that I have a list of what I hope to accomplish, I can make a plan to make it happen. What are you looking forward to doing this summer? Do you have a Bucket List?