A weekly wrap up of all the random things I’ve been enjoying this past week. Things I love, or learned something from, things I think others might enjoy too. I hope you appreciate them as well…and so, here are my weekly top 5 favorite things:
1. People often believe if you are a “Christian” only good things will happen to you, otherwise you are not praying enough, good enough, or there is some type of sin in your life. This absolutely UNTRUE. There are blessings that come from being a Christ follower, but not everything is roses all the time. Jesus himself had trials, and said we would be no different. I like the way this post by Sheridan Voysey put it. “God may not protect us from every evil, but He will always get the victory.”
2. “We’re not doubting that God will do the best for us; we’re wondering how painful the best will turn out to be.” ~ @CSLewisDaily
3. This week I watched a documentary on Netflix called Tiny. It was about the “tiny house” movement. And it got me thinking. Although I don’t think I could even move into a house that small, or convince my hubby too, the thought of downsizing everything is very interesting to me. And a lot of the concepts that tiny house people talk about fascinates me, and calls to me. A simpler life, one without so many distractions and obligations, one where you have more (money, time) to do things (travel, experiences) with people and truly make some memories. Here is just one of the many blogs about tiny houses: http://tinyhouseblog.com
4. I want to get back to my hand lettering sketching, but haven’t had much time lately. Not too long ago, I took this class by Mary Kate McDevitt over at skillshare.com and LOVED IT. Skillshare is great and has ALL kinds of classes…I can’t wait to take some more.
5. I need to refocus and get healthier…for more energy, for better derby, and for a better me. I love the videos here at Roller Derby Athletics. And just need to find time and motivation to do it on my off practice days. (Which is difficult since I try to go to practice 3-4 nights a week that doesn’t leave me much time for other things.)