2. To learn a new skill – like how to skate!
3. For the look on the faces of my church friends when I tell them I’m a derby girl.
4. For the look on the faces of my derby friends when I tell them I work at a church.
5. Because I hate running. Skating is a physical activity I actually enjoy.
6. I needed a reason to purchase spandex…ok, maybe I wasn’t really looking forward to this one.
7. To get my mind off of my infertility and counting the endless cycle days.
8. I wanted to be a part of that “family,” there is an amazing bond that is formed between skaters.
9. Because I read, from other derby girls, about how it almost forces you to grow in your confidence.
10. Because roller derby girls are hot! Even if my butt will never look that good in spandex, at least I can have some hot friends.