A weekly wrap up of all the random things I’ve been enjoying this past week. Things I love, or learned something from, things I think others might enjoy too. I hope you appreciate them as well…and so, here are my weekly top 5 favorite things:
1. This sweet blog about gathering together the ones that matter: The Common Table. Reminds me what I love, and want at our house…people to relax, hang out, let their guard down a bit and stay a while.
2. On another Catalyst podcast, I came across Shauna Niequist. The podcast was kinda on the same theme as the Common Table, and I just loved her quote: “Let’s be courageous enough to stop producing for a while, and trust that there is great soul value in stillness, in play, in beach walks. Let’s starve our addictions to noise, to action, to being noticed and heard.”
3. This post: When the Lesson is Wait by Tammy Strait. Just reminds me so much of what I believe God to be whispering to me lately…just wait. “Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer” Rom.12:12
4. These tasty Fun-Fetti Cookies from Sally’s Baking Addiction! I didn’t read the directions all the way through until too late, so I didn’t chill my dough ahead of time…big mistake. They turned out so flat. BUT they were SO delicious!!! I took them to a get-together and they were still a hit.
5. This fun writing site that is encouraging me to write more….I enjoy writing, which is part of the reason I decided to blog. I’m still finding my “voice”, but it’s a pretty fun process. I just hope I don’t bore you too much in the process.