A quick weekly wrap up of all the random things I’ve been enjoying this past week. Things I loved, or learned something from, things I think you might enjoy too. I hope you appreciate them as well…and so, here are my weekly top 5 favorite things:
1. An underwhelmed schedule = an overwhelmed soul. This concept has been resonating with me so much lately. Such a good decision to get The Best Yes by Lysa TerKeurst and start reading it. (stay tuned for my Friday post where I talk about #lessHUSTLE)
2. This tent canopy…it will be happening in our nursery! Or, maybe this one. It’s nice to have something to get excited about, finally. It’s been a long, hard journey, and I’m ready for this adventure to take a different turn.
3. More nursery stuff…I think there will be quite a few DIY projects, and using some limbs from our yard to frame out a mirror will definitely be happening too. (Like this one.)
4. I’ve been reading Jen Hatmaker’s blog off and on for a while now, and lover her sense of humor. But recently, I heard on a podcast that she did an HGTV show, and I knew I had to see it. It didn’t disappoint. I loved watching them take their old farm house and transform it with bold colors and fun accents, while repurposing things as they went to save money and be green. But my favorite part by far was the kitchen.
5. This tweet from Mark Batterson…being reminded daily how I need to pray more, and more, and more.
PRAYER is the difference between YOU WORKING ON GOD’S BEHALF and GOD WORKING ON YOUR BEHALF.
— Mark Batterson (@MarkBatterson) August 29, 2014