A quick wrap up of all the random things I’ve been enjoying recently. Things I loved, or learned something from, things I think you might enjoy too. I hope you appreciate them as well…and so, here are my weekly(-ish) top 5 favorite things:
1. The best Maid Of Honor “speech” I’ve seen. I just love the fact that they didn’t take themselves too serious, and intentionally sang off key. Totally how I’d rock it. If you haven’t seen it, check it out here.
2. This post from Perry Noble about the Supreme Court’s Decision…
How I Believe Christians Should Respond To The Supreme Court’s Decision On Gay Marriage- http://t.co/4Gd8LRvYkw
3. And this post by @AnnVoskamp titled “How woman can stop judging each other: a movement of key women.” This resinated so much with me. I see so much judging from people all the time, and I hate it. I want to be a Key Woman. I’m not sure what that looks like, but it’s sometime I am hoping to pursue more.
4. Scentbird where I am trying out some new perfumes. Just received my first one yesterday, Something Blue, and I love it! I would have never tried this on my own, but Scentbird has a quiz – and who doesn’t love those – where I answered a few questions and it gave me a tons of scent suggestions. Since it’s July, I went with one that was recommended for the summer. And I’m glad I did.
5. A few Saturdays ago, a crafternoon was in full force at my house. I had the sewing machine out and was sewing up a storm.
I was finishing up the baby bandana bibs from the previous Mondays Menagerie. Then I made some coffee koozies, cause even though the coffee cups are insulated at church, they still hurt my delicate hands. I had one with my initial on it but couldn’t find it after I changed bags a while bag. BUT, guess what I found while I was sewing some new koozies! Yep, I found my original one.
And then I finished up the day with transforming an old blanket from my grandparents into a pouf, thanks to a super easy pattern from HGTV. I love up-cycling things, especially with any personal history, to something that I will use. I suppose I could have kept it as a blanket…but if you’ve ever been to my house, you would see I have a plethora of blankets!
Those are the things I’ve been enjoying lately. How about you? Show me something you’ve recently come across that you love.