A quick wrap up of all the random things I’ve been enjoying recently. Things I’ve loved or learned something from, things I think you might enjoy too. I hope you appreciate them as well…and so, here are my weekly(-ish) top 5 favorite things:
Warning: this post is all about essential oils, specifically Young Living Essential Oils. I’m loving them so much, I just had to share. The links will take you to my YLEO page where you can purchase these oils if you choose to do so.
1. Well, I took the plunge! I mentioned Young Living Essential Oils in the last Monday Menagerie, and I decided to purchase a Premium Starter Kit. And I’m so glad I did! I love how good they smell, and how good they make me feel. There is just something about them that makes me feel tied to the past. They remind me that before modern medicine, nature provided. And I’m excited to slowly get the toxic chemicals out of our home and back to simpler, more natural way of life. So, this top 5 will be all about these new oils, I’ll share my favorite ways I’m using them. The first thing I did was diffuse some purification oil with some lemon oil in my son’s room to help with the diaper smell that has been absorbed in the plastic trash can. I did that three days ago, and it still smells fresh and clean.
2. Lemon, Lavender, and Peppermint in the diffuser. This has already been a favorite at my house, I use it in my laundry on my dryer balls, and in my son’s bath. The combo smells so clean, fresh and relaxing. And here’s the bonus kicker: it’s supposed to help battle seasonal allergies. The lemon helps to drain the sinuses, the lavender helps stop a runny nose and the peppermint helps open up the airways. Now that I have the starter kit I’ve been diffusing the powerhouse trio, and I can’t get enough. The diffuser is actually one of the reasons I decided to go with the starter kit, after you factor in the cost of the great oils that are included the diffuser is free. Let me know if you’re interested in getting a free diffuser too!
3. Stress Away oil on my wrists and the back of my neck. This was in the starter kit, it’s an oil that’s new to me, and I’m loving it! It reminds me of Jimmy Buffett and smells like a boat drink … it transports my thoughts to a sunny beach. It smells like lime (which can cleanse, purify, renew and refresh) and vanilla (which just makes you feel good all around). There is a hint of lavender (boosting concentration), cedarwood (releases endorphins), ocotea (promotes feelings of peace and tranquility) and copaiba (has a calming effect on the nervous system).
4. Frankincense and Lavender eye makeup remover. I was all out of my normal eye makeup remover, so I looked up a recipe to use with my oils. I whipped it up in less than 5 minutes and it works great! Simply mix about 2 tablespoons of coconut oil with 5 drops lavender and 5 drops frankincense. Coconut oil is a natural moisturizer and wrinkle reducer. Frankincense is also a wrinkle reducer and a stress reliever, so it’s a great scent at the end of the day. Add in lavender’s stress relieving and sleep-inducing scent and I’m ready for bed.
5. Thieves foot rub. I’ve been using this one even before I received the starter kit. It not only moisturizes my feet, but it also helps my immune system. Thieves has so many amazing benefits and smells like fall – fall is my favorite! Simply mix coconut oil and a few drops of thieves oil, rub onto your feet, then I like to slip into some socks.
Those are the things I’ve been enjoying lately. How about you? Show me something you’ve recently come across that you love.
If you’d like to try any of these great young living essential oils, have any questions, or would like to order a starter kit for yourself, please let me know, or click here to order your Starter Kit.