A quick wrap up of all the random things I’ve been enjoying recently. Things I’ve loved or learned something from, things I think you might enjoy too. I hope you appreciate them as well…and so, here are my weekly(-ish) top 5 favorite things:
1. This quote from Helen Keller: “Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all.” I came across this on Instagram the other day and it just really spoke to my heart. For so long, I feel like my life has been action-packed and full of adventure. And now, I feel like the pace is finally slowing down…but the adventure definitely is not. Every day is a wonderful adventure with our son. He is such a blessing in our lives.
2. The Essential Oils Pocket Reference. I ordered this little gem after getting my Young Living Starter Kit, it is packed with so much information! I love learning about all the things the oils can do. Each one has so many different benefits, they are truly an amazing gift from God.
3. Spending quality time with friends who are like family. As I sit down to write this, I haven’t actually left yet, but by the time you read this we will have travelled to Ohio to visit some college friends. There are no real plans other to sit and talk and laugh and play with the kids. And I absolutely cannot wait! Even though the constant people will wear me out, the depths of the relationships, the history there, and the support will refresh and revive my soul. It is with them that I feel known and unconditionally loved. I truly hope you have friendships just as wonderful.
I truly hope you have friendships just as wonderful. And if you don’t, I encourage you to reach out and start asking friends you’ve connected with to go deeper. Share more of your life with them and they will, in turn, share more of their life with you. Share your uglies, your weakness, your failures – for that is how you build true friendships. Sharing only your “Pinterest-perfect” or “Instagram-worthy” self will only create competition and bitterness within relationships. Most people, especially ladies are just waiting for an invitation for friendship. Stop waiting, and start inviting people in.
4. One thing I’m really loving, not just lately, but for a while now is the song “Good Good Father.” There is just something about the repetitiveness that draws me into worship and reminds me of how big God is and just how small I am. We spend all day thinking of “me,” and this song puts things in perspective for me. I am who I am because I am loved by Him.
5. Honestly, it’s difficult to come up with five things right now because I am trying to be intentional with simplifying things in my life. Currently, I’m focusing on oils and learning all I can about them…and I don’t want to bore any of you who are not interested in them. Otherwise, all five of these could be something oil related. So, I guess the fifth thing I’m enjoying right now is a simpler, slower paced life than I’m used to. It’s summer, slow down and enjoy a summer of rest.
Those are the things I’ve been enjoying lately. How about you? Show me something you’ve recently come across that you love.